When planning for an individual with special needs, families must address not only basic estate planning but the ongoing needs of their loved one with a disability. Special Needs Planning focuses on protecting public benefits for people with special needs while helping that person enjoy a higher quality of life. A Special Needs Trust can provide for management of assets and provide for proper medical care and other needs while also protecting trust assets from creditors and predators.
The Special Needs Seminar will address the following issues:
· What public benefits could my love one receive?
· How do I protect my loves ones eligibility for public benefits?
· Who will manage the fund that I leave for the care of my loved one
after I am no longer able to do so?
· How can I ensure that my other children are not adversely impacted by caring for their special needs sibling after I am no longer able to do so?
· How do distribute my estate between my child with special needs and my other children?
· · How do I determine how much money is needed to cover the lifetime needs of my child with special needs?