There are many reasons why people fail to do their estate plan. Below are a few examples of why people fail to do their estate plan according to the Consumer Reports Money Adviser March 2015 issue.
- You think you’re too young for a Will or don’t have enough assets to protect
- You put everything in joint ownership
- You forget what a will doesn’t do
- You allow your legacy to be squandered
- You ignite sibling rivalry
- You overcomplicate your plan
Remember, failing to take action or making the wrong moves can be costly for you and your heirs. Contact our office at (650) 463-1550 to schedule your complimentary half hour appointment with one of our highly qualified estate planning attorneys to see how an estate planning can best work for your personal situation.